Notice to Parents and Guardians:
In accordance with the Illinois School Students Records Act and the federal Family Educational Rights and Policy Act, this notice is to inform you of the policies and procedures in reference to school records. All “permanent” student records are retained for 60 years after the student has transferred, graduated, or withdrawn from the school. Student “temporary records” are retained for five (5) years after the student has transferred, graduated or withdrawn from school.
Parents, guardians, and students have the right to review and make copies of the student’s records. If you would like to review your student’s records, please send your request in writing to Ms. Julie Mensik, Principal, Union Ridge School.
Definitions of Permanent and Temporary Student Records
Union Ridge School maintains two types of school records for each student: a permanent record and a temporary record. These records may be combined.
The Permanent Record includes:
• Basic identifying information (names, addresses, phone numbers)
• Academic transcripts
• Attendance record
• Accident and Health reports
The Temporary Record includes:
• Family background
• Intelligence and aptitude scores
• Psychological reports
• Participation in extracurricular activities
• Honors and awards
• Disciplinary information, including information regarding any punishment for misconduct involving drugs, weapons, or bodily harm inflicted on another person
• Special education files
• Verified information relevant to the student’s education
The right to a copy of any school student record proposed to be destroyed or eliminated:
School records are reviewed by the administration every five (5) years or upon a student’s change in placement. At this time, Union Ridge School has the option of deleting or destroying student records in accordance with state and federal statutes. Parents and guardians have the right to inspect or copy student’s records pursuant to Union Ridge School’s policies and procedures and to state and federal law.
- Office & Attendance
- School Nurse Office
- Early Childhood Program
- Take Home Folder
- Athletic Conference
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- MTSS/ Special Education
- School Report Card Link (opens in new window)
- Social Work Support
- Online Payment Link (opens in new window)
- Informational Videos
- Open House
- 1 - 1 Technology Initiative
- Student Records
- Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- College Prep
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.